Friday, January 15, 2010

A thaw has set in.

I have just passed my certification exams for the web-design course, one of the reasons I haven't posted in a few weeks. The course is finished in two weeks and I'm looking forward to getting back into my studio and painting.

We are just now starting to get some milder weather, we have had snow and freezing weather, the worst since at least 1982.
Now Dublin has water shortages due to all the burst water pipes around the county, as do other areas of the country. After all the heavy rain and floods earlier in the winter, we have lots of 'river' or reservoir water, just not enough of it treated for human consumption. There are rolling water stoppages, low pressure when the supplies are on and general chaos.

However whatever problems we have, it is a lot better than Haiti. Hopefully the aid will flow better and the rescue parties will have many successes.

No comments: