Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Woodwork, fishing and very little painting...


I have been busy clearing the trees from around the cottage for the last week.  I'm still a good lumberjack, not one of the eight fell on the cottage..  ...although I did use a rope and pulley system on some of them to make sure they fell the right direction, after all they were only eight or ten feet away from the building itself, and a dozen feet away from the caravan.  (which also escaped unscathed)  I now have enough firewood for quite a while as a bonus, and a much brighter interior in the cottage.

As a result I have been doing very little painting.  I am fishing all this coming weekend, as I have a client booked for my angling guiding service and consequently I'll be away from my studio all this week too.

I was hoping to work on some studio works from my plein air studies from Kerry, but all I have managed was a quick study of the view on my way to a fishing competition at Kilbride in County Wicklow

I don't know if this study will translate into a finished painting though, but I felt less guilty about not working...  I didn't do well in the fishing competition though, I had an off day.

No comments: