Saturday, December 22, 2007

Solstice Morning..

I have painted a couple of small works this week. I had a few enquiries for some "affordable" paintings as Christmas gifts. I will try to finish off one more before the day so I will be busy enough. It has been very cold the last few days, but the heating in the studio is more than adequate, I thought the metal skin may create a refridgerator effect but the double walls give enought insulation from the cold. I am on here while waiting for the heater to warm the studio before I start work, that usually takes about 30 minutes and it will be pleasantly warm when I go back in. The sun was hidden behind clouds this morning, but at least it is getting brighter now and I will have good light in about half an hour. It is winter solstice today, (a day later than the calender date) the shortest day of the year. From today on it will start getting brighter again, it helps shorten winter knowing summer is on its way.

No comments: