We are off to the Derrynane Hotel at Caherdaniel on the ring of Kerry next week. I am hopeful that the weather may improve from the torrents of rain we had last week, and are forecast for the next week at least. I want to do some plein air painting while we are there, if the weather is too bad, I may just have to resort to going fishing!, but I'm not sure Christine will be happy about that choice so maybe not. LOL.
I have a pop-up Gazebo to protect me from showers though if it is not too windy, and I can always just go and do the 'ring'* if all else fails.
* This means driving all the way around the very scenic coastline, in and out along every bay and promontary.
I hope to take a few photographs of it along the way. In the interim I am travelling up to our cottage in Sligo midweek, hopefully to get a little more work done. Last weekend I managed to sort out the chimneys, but little else other than some spring cleaning and a little grass cutting due to the appearance of rain, rain, and even more rain..... since last weekend we have had rain, rain and yes, even more rain.
A river we were expecting to have a fishing competition on this weekend actually rose by more than ten feet in two days, which meant we couldn't even find the river in the fields, never mind fish it! Thankfully we had quite dry weather this weekend, but more rain is forecast, but according to the long range forecast Wednesday and Thursday morning are supposed to be dry so I hope to get a bit of work done to the cottage these two days. Plans, however are likely to change if the weather does.
This is how the cottage looked before all the clearing I did last year, though the cottage itself hasn't really changed much. I'll find a photo of it for the next post
View Larger Map