Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Moving of my studio is complete.



I have moved all my work into the new studio, even this piece (from a study I did in Florence) which is seven feet by four and 3/4 ft. It is a little bit too big for the space though.

I also have moved all of my paints, brushes, easels, my painting table, computor etc. into the unit. I have enough space to work, although with the lower ceiling I may have difficulty working on the larger canvases. I have less room to display finished paintings, but no-one will be coming in to look anyway. I have all the works stacked up against one side wall of the studio. I will create a rack for them later. I also moved my bookcase and books in while I was at it, in fact as soon as I connect the studio for electricity it will be ready for me to paint in. I accomplished all this by rigging a temporary platform into the studio. I have removed it again though as I used borrowed materials to do it. I hope to do the permanent job over the next week or two, but I can get into the unit by stepping across the gap in the meantime. I am looking forward to getting stuck in to work soon, but after the last few days I need a break, so I will take a day off tomorrow.

No comments: