Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Painting again

I have been back in the studio today. Painting!


I managed about two hours of work, but I was feeling the pain even before I stopped.


I'm glad I made the effort though, it's nice to get back to it. I'm suffering back pain after the session, but at least I was able to produce some reasonable work. The pain shows I'm stretching and pushing the muscles, which will be beneficial in the long run. It took me three days to recover from last Friday's Physio, he really worked on my lower back area and the saying no pain - no gain means I'm getting a lot of pain while I'm being sorted out.........




I let myself loose today, using a knife to create a painting -- which I hadn't done for years, but it allowed me to work quickly and express myself without worrying too much about where the work was going. It is a smallish triptych, 3 - 16 by 12 inch canvases.



The scene is towards Roundstone in Connemara. I purlioned some of Christine's Oil paint to create it. Her paints contain a lot more filler than mine do, and I couldn't afford to use this amount of my paint -- I laid it on thick!


I enjoyed it so much I did a second 14 by 10, also a painting from my Connemara sketchbook.

Now I just have to figure what to do with them.

No comments: