Friday, June 19, 2009

I have been busy again. I have finished my commission works and now I am back working toward my show later this year. Yesterday we drove out to Howth, a fishing village in North Dublin and I picked a few fresh fish up at the market to continue painting them. I have forgotten to buy more canvas though, so the fish have had to go into the freezer. I'm hoping to get canvas tomorrow, if not Monday will have to do. I had to travel down to Limerick and back today, so that ruled out a visit to the art supplies shops.
I came home yesterday evening raring to go paint my fish..... like a child with a new toy, but alas I only have large canvases left in the studio, and they are just too big to paint little fish. I am looking forward to working from them next week though. It's nice to get stuck in to work that interests me,-- but it is also great to have the commission work coming in.

Some of the fish we bought have seen the grill instead of the studio, being fresh it was beautiful. I didn't even feel guilty about not painting it first.

No comments: